Saturday, September 3, 2011

18 months, really?

It's hard to believe that my little boy is already a year and a half old?! He is growing like crazy. Doing new things, saying new words, and looking and acting more and more like a toddler. Everett is becoming quite attached to his mama. I guess that was bound to happen when I'm with him all day long. Let's be honest- I don't mind. He's always happy to see me and wants me to be around, so I'm going to milk that for all it's worth. Everett likes to dance. We have dance parties at least twice a day. Aaron and I laugh out loud at his goofy little dance. I need to video it so you can laugh with us. As of today, Everett still takes two naps, but it looks like he'll be transitioning to one here soon. Bummer, but I guess it's time. Everett loves animals. The dogs are his best buddies. He loves horses and makes clicking noises every time he sees them because that's what he does to get the horses to come see him at Grammy's.  Everett has been quite the water bug this summer. He LOVES anything to do with water... the beach, swimming pool, sprinklers, even washing his hands.  We also have a new found love of parks and playgrounds. Swings and slides = entertainment for hours.  Everett is fearless. When he's about to do something he yells "GO!" and takes off. At least he gives me some warning. He jumps off the steps, the diving board, off the side of the pool. He goes down slides, floats by himself and doesn't want us to touch him while he's "swimming." He even laid his head down on one of the horses foreheads while out at the farm. He's my wild child, full of energy. This summer was so much fun. We've had so many adventures together and I'm loving being at home with him. My little Everett man, you are pure joy. I am so thankful for the last 18 months and look forward to plenty of adventures to come.

1 comment:

Paul and Sarah said...

Love the picture of him swimming! Time sure flies when your having fun.