Monday, September 26, 2011

the weight of the world

The last few weeks I have felt burdened. Burdened for friends that are dealing with hurt, divorce, illness, and loss. I've felt burdened to pray for them, pray with them, and help share their load. Some days though? It's hard. It's hard on my soul. It's hard to see others that you love deal with so much in life. Today it got me to thinking- how does God do it? How does he bear the burdens of the world. Does he ever feel like I do today- just overwhelmed by all that he has to carry? So, I searched the scripture and found this:

Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

Straight from the lips of Jesus. That was a promise I needed to hear today and maybe you did to.

1 comment:

climbchic24 said...

my favorite verse