Saturday, November 19, 2011

5k - done son!

I've been running the last 5 weeks for today's race, so I was kind of nervous. I knew I could finish it, but I was worried that I wasn't going to meet my goal. I wanted to run the race in under 30 minutes.

I got up nice and early. I hopped in the shower because I tweaked my back on Thursday and wanted to loosen up before the race. Some greek yogurt and we were on our way. Aaron and Everett came with me.  It was nice having them there to cheer me on.



Pre-registration was at Barnaby's and I was able to meet up with all my running buddies. There were so many friends I knew running today. We were even able to get a quick group picture before it started. The race was pretty legit with disposable chip for my shoe that tracked my time and everything! haha It's the little things.

picture thanks to Katie Balla


Remember that playlist I worked hard on? Yeah, almost didn't get to listen to it. I started the race and my shuffle wasn't working and then started freaking out since that was my plan for pacing myself! So, I spent the first quarter mile of the race trying to fix it. Thank goodness it started working!

trying to figure out how to run and get my ipod to work all at the same time...


The race was a double loop, which I really liked because I knew what to expect. I ended up finishing 195 out of 394 runners and made my goal with 37 seconds to spare (29:23)! It was a personal best, although that doesn't say much since I've only run two ;)

finish line baby


It was a fun race and I even felt good afterward! So, I'm going to run again in 2 weeks. Why not, right?

3 comments:

The Life of Susan said...

you go speedy girl! so glad you're running the coatesville one, too! yay!

Paul and Sarah said...

Congrats!!! One day I hope to do a 5k.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

You're awesome, and so so fast. It must be all those years of being an athlete (which I know nothing about :) ) thanks for supporting me along the way, lady.