Monday, July 23, 2012

my brother got married

Okay, so technically, he's my brother in law. But the thing is? Since marrying Aaron, his brothers have been the brothers I never had. They beat up on me, give me a hard time, stick up for me, and love me like I am their own sister. We are real with each other and tell it like it is, even when it's not necessarily what we want to hear. And so, I call them my brothers.




On Friday one of my two brothers got married. Over the last 9 years, I've had the chance to be a part of Seth's life. I've watched him mature and grow into a really amazing man. We've spent countless hours hanging out together, sharing holidays and meals and lots of laughter. I've watched him love my son like he was his own. In fact, Uncle Sah gets most of the shout outs during Everett's prayers.





Last summer, we met Brenna and we knew she was here to stay. You could tell by the way Seth talked about her and the way he treated her and the way she so comfortably fit into the craziness of the Windle clan. I remember encouraging Seth to wait for a woman that would love all of his wild, crazy, awesome self and Brenna did just that.



Friday I got to stand with them and watch them get married and I cried. I blame the pregnancy hormones, because I never cry at weddings, but I think the other part of it was that I was just so incredibly happy for my brother. I was excited for this day and the woman that he had prayed for, that we had prayed for for him. Excited that he had found that woman who loved him so well.


Congrats brother. So proud of you. So happy for you. Brenna, sister - welcome to the crazy.

1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I love this so much ;) congrats seth! I need to see more pictures...that little teeny diptic just doesn't do it justice! ;)