Sunday, December 2, 2012

a thankful november

This November I decided to find something to be thankful for each day. I am absolutely thankful for my husband and our kids. I'm thankful for our families and a roof over our head; however, for this month I decided I wanted to find something that was going on each day to be thankful for. Sometimes it was specific people or things, but mainly it was something that happened that I was just incredibly grateful for.


day 1- thankful for a little boy who wanted to share a bowl of cereal with his mama.
day 2- thankful for coffee and a quiet morning with Everett.
day 3- thankful for the way Everett loves and is protective of his little brother. thankful that Graham doesn't mind being smothered by all the "love" and thankful that my boys have built in best friends.
day 4- I'm thankful for weekend mornings and someone to share coffee with.
day 5- I'm thankful for two sleeping kids so I can start my day with my coffee and bible.
day 6- I'm thankful for the happiest, most content baby ever!
day 7- I'm thankful for democracy. That regardless of outcome, my voice was heard... that today there aren't riots in the streets or republicans killing democrats over the results...that we really do possess a freedom that so many others do not possess, but are fighting to have.
day 8- I'm thankful for moments like this. That even after 12 hour work days, he still makes a point to spend time with Everett. My children are so very blessed.
day 9- I'm thankful for my citizen of the year husband who stopped a women from stealing my wallet out of my car and robbing the entire neighborhood!





day 10- I'm thankful for a morning with my dear friend and for sweet Ben who reminds me of the Lord's faithfulness even in the hardness of life.
day 11- I'm thankful for laughter and that there's always so much of it at our house!
day 12- I'm happy for a healthy baby. At Everett's two month appointment, we were told there was something wrong with his heart. Today we were told that Graham is healthy. Thank you Jesus!
day 13- I'm thankful that Everett wanted to read his bible when I was reading mine. I'm thankful for his perspective as he reads and that he's already learning how much Jesus loves him.
day 14- I'm thankful for a solo trip to target and a husband who doesn't mind.
day 15- I'm thankful for our small group - for community and kids and living life pursuing Jesus together.
day 16- I'm thankful for some exercise for him and me. I'm thankful for room to run and finally breaking out my tennis shoes.
day 17- I'm thankful for the perfect end to a fun day with my boys.
day 18- I'm thankful to have my husband home. When he's gone, I'm reminded how much I really just love being around him and how much I depend on him. I am so blessed!
day 19- I'm thankful that he loves to read like his mama and that we spent the first 30 minutes of the day doing it together.



day 20- I'm thankful for this relationship - for the way she delights in my son and for how much he loves his Grammy.
day 21- I'm thankful for our dogs, Marley and Kai. They love my kids, even my wild two year old. Despite being climbed over, jumped on, and sometimes hit, they still love him. They love us unconditionally and want nothing more than to be loved back. I wish I loved that well!
day 22- I'm thankful for my family. I love them dearly and wish we lived closer.
day 23- I'm thankful for family traditions. Traditions with my family, with Aaron's family, and the traditions we're making together. 20 years later and we're still eat lunch at the Iron bridge inn every Friday after Thanksgiving.
day 24- I'm thankful for my oldest and dearest friends. Friends I grew up with, stood with on wedding days, and shared life with for over 20 years. Every girl should be this lucky.
day 25- I'm thankful that Graham is an awesome sleeper already. 5 hours in the car ride home and he slept the whole way!
day 26- I'm thankful that Everett climbs into Graham's crib to save his brother from being sad.
day 27- I'm thankful for waking up to snow - for the way it makes everything beatiful and for all the fun Everett had playing in it. 
day 28- I'm thankful for chalkboards, christmas music, and hot chocolate all in one night.
day 29- I'm thankful for the way my parents love my kids. They recorded the entire night before Christmas story for the boys to listen to. I love hearing their voices, even when we're far away.
day 30- I'm thankful for Everett's sweet face and watching his excitement at the parade.


Looking back at this month and all the moments of thankfulness brings joy. This month reminded me of something I learned last fall--- that thankfulness brings more thankfulness. It's amazing what recognizing and being grateful can do in your heart.

No comments: