Tuesday, November 19, 2013

intentional thankfulness

Thankfulness leads to more thankfulness.

It's something easily forgotten. I wrote this 2 years ago. Last November, I chose one thing to be thankful for each day. And today, I sit here wondering why it's only one month a year that I remember how much better life is when I'm intentionally thankful. It's like I just simply forget. I hate that. It's not that I'm ungrateful the other 11 months, but I am also not always actively calling out gifts and things to be grateful for all year round. I'll remember on an anniversary or birthday, but then forget all the little things in between. I forget to remind myself when I'm frustrated or struggling to call out all the good, to call out all the things I can be thankful for.

This year, I am determined. I'm determined to make it more than just a November thing. I'm determined to call out the thankfulness of a full life all year round. I'm starting with this November and a jar of thanks. And, I'm going to fill it with a year of goodness.

I found these printables:



And a $10 jar from Walmart that I stenciled: 




It was easy and cheap and exactly what I wanted. Everett and I started today. It was the perfect day to start really, since I've got 2 sick kids. It was good to think about what I did have to be thankful for instead of what I could be frustrated about.





My heart is in such a different place when I'm thankful. I pray this year my heart would be full and overflowing with thankfulness for the life and people and grace I get to experience.







1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

beautiful idea, lady. love it.