Monday, November 4, 2013

radio silence

Have you ever had days/weeks/months/seasons that were just so full? Sometimes too full? The ones where too much of a good thing rings true? That's been the last 5 months for me. Overcommitted, full schedule, birthdays, celebrations, vacations and weekend road trips, small groups, bible studies, playdates and more playdates. It's all such good stuff, but I've been left feeling exhausted.  Last Sunday, I skipped church and just spent some time in silence. I think that might be the thing I miss the most as a mom. I never missed it before having kids because there was plenty of it. Now, most days are loud, noisy and messy (and awesome), but lately I have missed the quiet. The last 5 months have been so busy and loud that I haven't had time to really think. I haven't had time to fully process. I haven't had time to do all the things I want to do well. And, I haven't really had time to blog. The thing is though, I love to write. So, this month, I'm committing to finding some silence and some time to write. I'm finding some time to document my sweet kiddos and this busy season for us. I'm finding the time to tell you about my trip to Kenya and the way the Lord is using that in my life here.

Here's to a few more posts, some time to write and think, and maybe a little more silence.


No comments: