Thursday, April 17, 2014

sure, I've got time.

This morning Everett came into my room a glorious 30 minutes later than normal. I asked him if he'd jump into bed and snuggle with Mama to which he replied, "Sure, I've got time." And instantly I was convicted. How often do I tell him, "just one minute or after I finish this or not right now." Why is it always in just one minute? I was reminded that I needed to tell my kid more that I have time for him. I want him to know that he is one of the most important things in my life and giving him my time is one way to show him that. That next time he asks, I can say, sure - I've got time. It's so funny how much I assumed I would teach my kid and instead how much he continues to teach me.


1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

this is soooo sweet. miss both those faces! :)