Thursday, April 21, 2011

sometimes there just aren't enough rocks...

I've been feeling like that this past week. Really just struggling with the loss of Luke and just how unfair and terrible it feels. I've been searching the scriptures for comfort, for answers. I know that my words are nothing more than nice words, but that scripture can bring comfort and life and joy back to Sara and Keith. I find that the Psalms bring so much comfort and peace. Psalm 40 in particular is my prayer for them:

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand. 
He put a new song in my mouth, 
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord. 


I am praying with confidence, knowing that the Lord will pull them out of their hurt and despair, He will be their solid ground to stand on, and eventually He will give them joy in their hearts. I know that the Lord uses his people to tell the message of his love and redemption, and I believe that He will do that through the faith of Sara and Keith. Please continue to pray for healing in their hearts, peace with unanswed questions, and comfort for each moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Kristen, for the love and comfort that you give to Sara and Keith. Your friendship is a gift from God.