Wednesday, June 1, 2011

sometimes you just have to stop and play in the puddles















Sometimes I have to stop myself --- stop myself from saying no Everett, you'll get dirty. Sometimes it'd just be easier to tell him no because I don't want to clean up the mess afterwards. But, at the end of the day, I want to be a mom who seized those opportunities, a mom who played and laughed and got dirty with my kid, a mom who took the time to enjoy these fleeting moments. So we did. We got dirty and wet, but it was well worth the smile on his face and his squeals of laughter. It's a good reminder for me that in the busyness of life sometimes you just have to stop and play in the puddles.

3 comments:

Paul and Sarah said...

So cute! I cant wait for Reagan to play in the puddles.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I spent the first hour of Eme's 1st bday party telling her she couldn't crawl in the grass because "she had white tights on" and they couldn't get dirty. And as the words flew out of my mouth, I thought WHAT THE HECK are you saying, Katie? You're the mom. It's her birthday. Let the kid crawl in the grass. And you know what? I did. And we have a ruined pair of old navy tights to prove for it. So what if she only wore them one day? Its just "things". I need to remind myself of this kind of stuff DAILY. But I'm with ya, momma.

heidi said...

I love it! And I am with you. What awesome opportunities we have to allow our babies to just be themselves...clean or dirty:)