Monday, November 1, 2010

a girl who loves a good deal...

I can't help it. This post has been a long time coming. Seriously. It's like deals just call my name. I have more fun finding a good deal than just about anything else. As Aaron and I work toward the day that I can eventually stay at home with the kiddos, I try to find more and more ways to save us the moolah. I've found that it's definitely possible to find the things that you want at a great price. Example: I try to buy Everett organic formula (for his while I'm at work meals) and cereal as much as possible; however, sometimes it just gets pricey. BUT I have an AMAZING grocery store near me. It's called BB's, which is short for bent and broken. Basically, it's a store that purchases overstocked groceries or groceries that the packaging has been messed up in some way. And, if you're like me, I'm not really that worried about what the packaging looks like if I can get stuff for HALF off. Yeah, that's right, 50% off. There are a few things that I always look for there: dog food/treats, baby formula, diapers, toiletries, and coffee. A few tips- always check to make sure the packages aren't open and check the expiration date!  Back to my example- I really try to buy Everett organic products when I can, and today I hit the jackpot. Seriously- I was about the do the happy dance in aisle 3!



I was able to get a canister of organic earth's best formula for $7 (retails @ $45), 6 canisters of happy bellies organic cereal for $1 each (retails at $3.99 each), and 2  boxes of earth's best organic oatmeal for $1 each (retails @ $3.59). That means I spent $15 and saved... $60!!!  So there's my deals for the week. Maybe next week I'll share my favorite deals and love for goodwill. happy shopping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gotta love a great deal!!! Way to go Momma!!