Monday, March 12, 2012

waking up

I'm not sure what it was--- the dreary winter months or the months of endless tired and sick from baby 2, but somewhere in there I forgot. I forgot to be thankful. I forgot to pause in my day and remember how blessed I am. And then, something about yesterday woke me up. Maybe it was the day spent with my boys or the idea of a week filled with sunshine and warm temps, but last night I remembered. And today? It's been the best of days with so much to be thankful for.

a hardworking husband off to work before I wake up
my good sleeper still laying in bed at 8:30
a coffee from dunkin donuts
windows down, jamming to adele
the need for sunglasses

























best friends to hang out with
rite aid across the street and toy story band aids
Everett's joy when he sees his friend lijah (Elijah)
running into more sweet friends at the park
waving to my boy across the playground and him waving back with a huge smile on his face
lollipops and boys with sticks

























a little hand to hold on the way to the car
a target trip with no meltdowns
finding a fedora for the beaches in hawaii




















a gift card and a smoothie from starbucks
talking to Aaron and hearing Everett say "love you daddy" over and over
everett wanting to wear his sunglasses because mommy is

























holding and rocking everett even though he's already asleep
back door open with sun streaming in
tulips on the dining room table

























birds chirping and dogs sleeping
plans for grilling and dog walking after dinner


It still rings true--- thankfulness does bring more thankfulness. What a perfect Monday.

1 comment:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I felt myself feeling lots of the same things today ;) Love running into you as always. Looking forward to Wednesday!