Thursday, May 1, 2014

soccer mom

Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love soccer. I've played since the age of 5 and played competitively through college. Since then, I've played in co-ed leagues and coached, but not nearly as much as I'd like. I supposed having 2 kids in the last 4 years will do that to you. I always wondered if my kids would like soccer too. I never wanted to be that mom pushing them to play soccer just because I love it. For Everett's birthday, he asked for a soccer ball (insert elated Mama here). Mimi and Pop obliged and thus Everett's soccer obsession has begun. He asks almost daily to throw on his cleats and kick the soccer ball around. I mean seriously, that makes me so happy! He wants to take that ball with him everywhere and asks me to play soccer most days. I'm pretty sure he knows it's a weak spot for me. 90% of the time my answer is yes. Last week, he put on his cleats and we dribbled around in our playground area. We took turns dribbling around a seesaw and he loved that we did it together. I loved it too.


Here's to many more days of playing soccer together with my favorite 4 year old.



No comments: